Hello, my name is Nancy Ghertner and I have been an Atlanta divorce lawyer for almost 30 years.
I graduated from Georgia State University College of Law in 1988 and founded Nancy N. Ghertner, PC, a family law and business law firm in Sandy Springs.
Since 1988, my professional focus has been on representing high net worth individuals in domestic relations matters including:
- Parenting Time & Visitation Rights
- Alimony Agreements
- Child Support
- Child Support Modification & Enforcement
- Legal Custody
- Physical Custody
- Division of Property
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Same-Sex Divorce
How I Made the Decision to Become an Atlanta Divorce Lawyer
I had been looking for awhile, trying to find a way to give back to my community, and I determined that being a lawyer in Atlanta was the way to realize that goal. I went back to law school with a husband that traveled, two small children and three dogs – none of which were housebroken!
After graduating from law school and passing the State of Georgia Bar, I found myself a single parent, still with two precious young children, but only one dog (still not housebroken), so I decided to open my own general civil Atlanta law firm in Sandy Springs, GA.
Since that time, being a lawyer, (especially a sole practitioner) has surpassed my wildest dreams. I am able to help my clients resolve their family law and business law issues, and become more involved in my community.
It is my privilege to offer my experience, dedication, and personal attention to all people that I serve as their Atlanta divorce lawyer.
Nancy N. Ghertner, Atlanta Divorce Lawyer and Family Attorney
Education and Community Involvement
- Georgia State University College of Law, Atlanta, Georgia, 1988, Juris Doctor (JD)
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
- Georgia State University, Spanish Translation (post graduate level)
- Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia, Bachelor of Arts, Spanish
Professional Lawyer Affiliations
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Cobb County Bar Association
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- Guardian Ad Litem – Cobb County, Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia Supreme Court
- US District Court for Northern District of Georgia
- University of Georgia, Georgia Women Entrepreneurs Certification Review Committee
- United States Supreme Court
FREE 10 Minute Phone Consultation